Monday, April 27, 2009

4-27-09 AM

Bob was sitting up for 2 hours this morning, he doesn't have as much strength in his legs as he did last night, but the neurology nurses came in and ran him through some testing and his brain function and motor skills all came out clean!  PRAISE GOD! There is no brain damage that they can see, they were blown away, the head neurologist is overjoyed too.  This is all just miracles, and we pray that they keep coming, we are still not out of the woods, but he is recovering well.  He was able to talk a little bit today, his voice is still kind of hoarse from the tube. Today he is breathing all on his own, just with the oxygen in his nose, no mask, no tube.  Its amazing! Right now its just me and Mom up here, Rich and Diane just headed out, and Holly was here with me all day yesterday so that was nice.  I think that Colleen may be coming later today or tomorrow.  Its always good to see people though, so if you're in the area let us know.  Love you all, thanks for praying, keep on praying.  Aloha!
Katelyn  

3 comments:

  1. We are sending good vibes, healing wishes, love, and aloha from Kauai!

    -Wendy, Warren, and Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha all...Wendy here! FYI, I got one of those fabulous pig valves a year ago (last April) and I am here to report that I had an echo-cardiogram checkup with the cardiologist just last Thursday...the cardiologist checked my ecg and said,
    "Well... so your heart and valve are TOTALLY NORMAL so now what do you want to talk about?" So we proceeded to gossip about our kids and high schools and colleges on the mainland, etc. We talked about everything else but medical stuff. So I tell you this, because a year ago right now while I was in the throes of recovery, I couldn't have known how great and totally "back" I would feel. It didn't take me a whole year, either. I was feeling pretty good way, WAY before that...SO keep the faith and hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's great news!
    keep up the good work bob!

    ReplyDelete